Welcome to Big Woods Resort, a family owned and operated resort for over 49 years providing the finest in Wisconsin lodging accommodations for an enjoyable Northern Wisconsin vacation. Big Woods is located on the west shore of Big St. Germain Lake. All of our homes have a beautiful view of the lake, which offers you a great way to start your day with a gorgeous Northwoods sunrise. We also enjoy some of the calmest water on the lake which is great for a day of water fun or fishing.
Big Woods is open year around. All four seasons offer an abundance of things to do.
Come stay in Spring for some great fishing.
During Summer you can enjoy swimming, cookouts, campfires, volleyball games, and all around family fun.
Fall offers one of the most relaxing times to visit with the trees turning brilliant shades of colors, many craft shows to wander through, and pumpkins and scarecrows to brighten your stay.
For the Winter the Bo-Boen snowmobile trails are right out your door providing wonderful snowmobiling vacation opportunities. Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and downhill ski hills are also just a short drive away.
The new St. Germain bike trail is now completed and it is just outside your door and you could ride or walk all the way to Boulder Junction and beyond.
For the golf enthusiast is the beautiful St. Germain Golf Course. Located a 1/2 mile down the road, this course is fun and challenging for all levels of players.
Special Features at Fath’s Big Woods Resort
- Big, open, level lawn area (great for family games, cookouts)
- All cottages have beautiful views of Big St. Germain Lake – a spectacular 1600-acre lake – the finest in muskie, walleye, northern, bass and panfish are found here.
- Lake Content and Fawn Lake are also accessible from Big St. Germain Lake.
- Bo-Boen snowmobile trails at your door.
Fath’s Big Woods Resort is centrally located
- Razorback Ridges cross country ski trails nearby
- Five golf courses in the area
- Excellent supper clubs nearby
- Grocery store and shopping nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Miles of blacktopped bike and hike trails right out your door.
Check out our new videos page. I will have more as I get more time and better with my drone.
Thank You to all that have made the 2021 season a success. Fall is coming to an end so lets get ready for winter. All reports are saying it should be a good one. Hope to see you soon.
Jamie and Sue